Sunday, May 18, 2008

Grandpa is 69 Years Old and Still Just a Kid

Another birthday. If the truth be known, I am only 44 years old, I will admit that I look slightly older than that.

I have been kept young by you children as I have tried to keep up with you. Playing with you is like drinking from the fountain of youth. Now I have grandchildren to keep my young and they are doing their job.

Actually, birthdays are not that big of a deal to me, after all, I've had 69 of them. And I plan to have many more of them. I plan to play with the grandchildren for a good long time.

Today, Sadie gave me a wonderful birthday present. I had just given Reed and Sadie some candy and I asked for my customary hug. Reed said, "we'll give you a group hug," to which Sadie said, "No, I want my hug." It doesn't get much better than that.


1 comment:

Wendy Johnston said...

Dad, I'm not sure how we can both be 44 years old at the same time. Last I checked there was a 25 year difference. I believe we all agree however, that I am definitely the more mature person. You are a great dad. Love, Wendy