Saturday, May 10, 2008

To My Children and Grandchildren

As I was thinking about Mother’s Day, and how grateful I am to my mother and to Nana, my thoughts turned and I began to think about what began as Nana and I were married and about what a wonderful privilege it is to be a husband, father and grandfather.

I expect that no one enjoys his or her family more than I do mine. I expect that no one loves his or her family more than I do mine. I expect that no one gets more joy out of the accomplishments of children and grandchildren than I do. I doubt that any father has enjoyed being with and playing with his children and grandchildren more than I have with mine and I plan to have many more of these wonderful experiences with you children and grandchildren. I treasure those moments. They are very important to me. To have you around and to be in your presence is a great joy.

I want each of you to know that I love you very much.

I want each of you to know that I have a testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is true. I know from my own experience that God is our Father, that he lives and that he answers prayers. I know that families can be together forever. I desire with all my heart to be with each one of you for eternity. My love for you is eternal.

No comments: